ABYA Members are industry professionals and will provide advice and assistance with:
- The type of boat that is best for you
- Negotiation following the survey findings
- Title documentation
- VAT evidence
- RCD requirements
- Finance - obtaining a loan
- Finance - paying off an outstanding loan on completion of the sale
- Acting as stakeholder for the deposit using a designated Client Account
- Closure or transfer of British Registration (Part 1)
- Completion of the sale and payment of the balance to the vendor
Help with purchasing
If you are buying, perhaps privately, and want a broker to deal with the paperwork for you to ensure you have all the right title documentation, many of them will offer this as a consultancy service for a negotiated fee.
Brokers and Agents who work in superyachts often provide charter and crew management services.